Monday, February 27, 2012

My Personal Award for Film of the Year...

goes to the Green Lantern movie I wanted to see, the one I had in mind when I saw the trailer and the alien says "What's your name?"
Hal Jordan was the answer and a childhood memory came roaring back to me at the start of the Harry Potter movie I had come to see, I think it was The Half-Blood Prince.
I had no idea they were making a Green Lantern movie.
In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight... I still recall the affirmation of courage and determination recited by the wielder of the most powerful weapon in the galaxy, the Ring of Power that will create anything your willpower and imagination can invent, protecting and giving the power of space flight to the members of the Green Lantern Corps, a grand mythology of the creators of the Ring and the power batteries that charge them and on and on. It's a wonderful comic book creation.
But why did they botch it so badly? Why was this Hal Jordan such a small person, a jerk, a loser who would never be allowed to pilot experimental jets?
Why did you do this to me?
The Green Lantern movie I wanted to see was the coolest movie of the year. The one I saw was maybe the worst.
Thanks a fucking lot, Hollywood.

1 comment:

  1. "Lazy writing, directing and action", is what I heard. Cool review!

    ReplyDelete