Monday, July 28, 2014

Hiatus

I have been taking a break from Twitter and I feel like talking about my reasons.

• addiction to notifications
• making a quiet space in my mental landscape for attention to my problems
• detachment from making new connections in my life

I have finally, after thirty years of adult life, been able to see that I have trouble with codependency in relationships. I am needy and manipulative. I have trouble communicating and being honest about my feelings and needs. My life has been affected in many negative ways by this problem. It has affected my work life and education and family life. I have trouble with addictive and compulsive behavior.
I have hurt people I've been close to, often without immediately understanding why or how; it just seems to happen. I have trouble taking responsibility for my actions and understanding of setting boundaries in relating to people.
So I have some work to do on myself and important decisions to make about my future...

3 comments:

  1. You are human.... Stand up and take a bow! It takes much self reflection and dedication to make such bold admissions (even to ourselves).. P.S. ~ We're all addicted to those 'notifications'. Best, always! ~ Sunny (critter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~what Sunny says .. ::>[:o)
    Ps. "The one who's sick of sickness ~is no longer sick "

    (Buddhism)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been there, to a degree that few know. It CAN get better. You can do this. Sending you some Reiki energy :)

    ReplyDelete